1. Pick your team’s highlight since out last show in July of 2014.
2. Pick your team’s best move since 7/14.
3. Your team’s worst move since 7/14.
4. Orlando City and Minnesota got promoted to MLS, and Atlanta has formed and com on strong. When will we ever see Miami?
5. Chicago signed German national star Bastian Schweinsteiger. Is he a top 5 all time foreign MLS signing?
6. Didier Drogba is a player/owner for Phoenix Rising, will they be successful in their MLS expansion bid?
7. What does Bruce Arena need to do to turn the LA Galaxy around?
8. Tommy McNamara got a USMNT callus. With Arena’s focus on MLS players, who is waiting in the wings next?
9. Predict the outcome of tonight’s USMNT vs Mexico game? Does the US qualify for the World Cup?
10. MLS MVP and Champion predictions.
This week we poke the bear and talk US Open Cup with Mark. Evan Ream and Jake Catanese are along for the ride.
Pile on with #gorailhawks
1. With the US out of the World Cup, sell new soccer fans on MLS in 10 words or less.
2. MLS attendance with raise after the World Cup, true or false?
3. Kaka has officially joined Orlando FC, will his stay be Fantasyland, Tomorrowland or Harry Potterland?
4. David Villa signed with NYCFC and was given a t-shirt since jersey aren’t yet available. When Frank Lampard signs, what will they give him?
5. Tim Cahill played in Friday’s 2-2 draw with Toronto FC after being eliminated from the World Cup. He deserves a few kind words.
6. In the Open Cup, Carolina upset the Galaxy and Eric Wynalda’s Atlanta squad amassed 4 red cards and incited an all-out brawl. Promote Atlanta to MLS, relegate a team, and tell me who the first team is that Atlanta starts a “Slapshot” style melee with.
7. Name other cups Bruce Arena cares about more than the US Open Cup.
8. MLS returned and CHIVAS BEAT RSL! Is this cats and dogs living together or a blind squirrel finding a nut?
9. Peter Vermes remarked that SKC was ‘in the mix” for Jermaine Jones, which naturally, turned into Mix Diskerud. Crank up the rumor mill up into high gear and give me your USMNT’ers to MLS rumors.
10. A MLSsoccer.com article said it was time to push the panic button in New York. Where else should they press the panic button?
Brian, Chris and Hank are joined by Jake Catanese and Evan Ream
Play along using #UofPHX
1. A MLSsoccer.com article called FC Dallas Head Coach Oscar Parjea Colorado’s Voldemort. Before Chris puffs out his transparent chest, what MLS players deserve Harry potter characters comparisons?
2. Red Bull NY won in New England for the first time since they were the NY/NJ MetroStars. No question here. I got Chris so it’s Hank’s turn.
3. During the World Cup, I will be rooting secretly for ____.
4. What was your favorite quote form the WSJ article?
5. Jürgen Klinsmann said the USMNT won’t win the World Cup. Compare that statement to other obvious statements like “Erik Wynalda is bad at ____, etc.”
6. The most surprising USMNT game will be ____.
7. The surprise USMNT call up of 2018 will be ____.
8. MLS has a month off. In other professional sporting leagues there are arrests and shootings in their downtime. What will be the MLS headline form the World Cup break?
Brian, Mark and Chris are joined by Jared DuBois from Best Soccer Show and The Corner of the Galaxy Podcast.
Play along using #fastpass
1. Last week Mark called Landon Donovan getting cut from the USMNT. Can we do it again this week? Somebody make a bold prediction.
2. Donovan’s 2 goals yesterday were his first of the year. How many does he finish with?
3. Jermain Dafoe scores ____ goals during the World Cup break.
4. Hey, remember the public outcry when Carlos Bocanegra got cut?
5. Jose Gonçalves shut down Eddie Johnson this week. How impressive is that feat?
6. DC United is finally getting a new stadium. Give me your wish list for features you would like to see in it.
7. Mike Petke or John Hackworth fired first?
8. Before the show, Jarod revealed he has never seen the movie “Spinal Tap”, give him a reason or two to see it.
9. Colorado Rapids: wow or wait?
10. Clint Dempsey has commercial endorsement deals for Modelo, Oberto Beef Jerky, and Degree Antiperspirant, which sounds like the result of a bad night of drinking. Give me a USMNT player and their endorsements.
1. Over the last 3 weeks, New England has scored 12 goals (5 in the last 2 games) and is undefeated in it’s last 5. With no Hank this week, let’s say something nice about the Revs.
2. True or False: Vancouver is responsible for New England’s current success?
3. With the 1st allocation spot, Toronto FC should _______.
4. Toronto FC and LA both have 3 games in hand; watch out or so what?
5. Find Mark a new “sh!t the bed” phrase as he has worn out the original.
6. Colorado finally has a shirt sponsor and it’s not Chipotle. 🙁
7. SweetTarts or Spree?
8. MLS is hinting they will expand into Las Vegas. Give me their team name and shirt sponsor.
9. True or False: Dafoe and Martins being left of their International squad rosters is bad new for MLS?
10. Which USMNT player gets left off the World Cup squad and comes back to make MLS pay?
1. Set pieces or run of play?
2. True or False: As Brad Davis goes, so goes the Houston Dynamo
3. Caleb Porter, Frank Yallop and Frank Kloppas walk into a bar, which one survives the World Cup break?
4. Dominic Oduro has a pizza inspired haircut. Give me another MLS player and his object in spired haircut.
5. Bradley Wright-Phillips will score ____ goals.
6. DC and New England have 11 points, Toronto FC has 9 and LA has 8. Who makes the playoffs?
7. The Atlanta Silverbacks will ______ in 2017?
8. Your thoughts on Eric Young as TNA Champion
9. The World Cup will hurt _____, and help _____
10. Chicharito will be Miami’s DP: true, false, or Chicha please?
Brian and Mark are joined by Stephen Brandt from the Yellow Carded Podcast
Play along this week using #Dsnuts
1. Portland tied Chivas this week, is it worse than a loss for Portland?
2. RBNY is winless. What French word describes their play?
3, Atlanta is in MLS, will they thrive or join the Walking Dead?
4. St. Louis, San Antonio or Minneapolis joins next?
5. Clint Dempsey has 5 goals in 2 games, after a 2 game suspension. He is in form or peaking too early?
6. The USMNT player I hate the most in MLS is _____.
7. Brek Shea back to MLS would be _____.
8. Favorite comic book movie?
9. Team themed concession items
10 MLS Commissioner Don Garber announced he is seeking treatment for prostate cancer, is this the first sign of transparency in MLS?
Brian, Hank and Chris are joined by Matt Ream from the Olympico podcast
Play along this week using #mattshair
1. FC Dallas won a canon with their 4-1 win over Houston this week. Give me better rivalry prize ideas besides trophies.
2. WrestleMania 30 is tonight, will the Undertaker’s streak go to 22-0?
3. Montreal traded Andrew Wenger to Philly for Jack McInerney, which team won that deal?
4. True or False, Real Salt Lake and Sporting Kansas City played to a 0-0 tie because of all the people out for the USMNT game this week.
5. Who is the fastest guy in MLS? Our man Tyler says Jair Benitez from FC Dallas.
6. Who is the MVP so far?
7. Omar Gonzalez’s hair is a reverse Samson, discuss.
8. Clint Dempsey had a hat trick this week vs Portland, and claims it’s “just the beginning” for him in Seattle. How many goals does he combine with Obafemi Martins to score?
9. Montreal, DC, LA, or San Jose – who finishes at the bottom of the table?
10. Finish this sentence: With all the influx of talent, the MLS vs Bayern Munich score will be ______
1. The replacement refs were better, true or false?
2. Through 4 weeks, which team has been the most impressive: Columbus, FC Dallas, Real Salt Lake or Vancouver?
3. RSL is still playing well without Jason Kreis, this is amazing or an anomaly?
4. Who makes the playoffs now, NY or Chivas?
5. I will be surprised if _____ continues playing at their current good/bad form
6. Who hits the panic button first, DC, Portland, Chicago or San Jose?
7. How munch longer does Ben Olson have?
8. The best kind of cheese is ______?
9. Marco DiVaio returned and got Montreal their first point, is he all they have?
10. Best rivalry in MLS?
Joining Brian and Mark this week are Mark Fishkin from the “SeeingRedNY” podcast and ELAC from the “What the Flock?!” podcast.
Join the discussion this week using #12toes
1. LA Aztecs or LA Gunners?
2. Clint Dempsey was suspended 2 games: good call, bad call or HOW DARE MLS?
3. MLS is out of the Champion’s League, yeah or meh?
4. If MLS had an “Easy button”, a la Staples, what’s the one thing you would change about MLS?
5. Name your intro song
6. NY now has a red team and a blue team, just like Manchester. Using that, Henry equates to ___in Manchester lore?
7. Inter MF Cambiasso is rumored to move to MLS: which teams signs him, which team needs him?
8. Seattle supporter’s “Away Robbery”, noble cause or simply whining?
9. Chivas USA wins ___ games this year, makes playoffs?
10. RBNY wins ___ games this year, makes playoffs?