Brian, Mark and Chris are joined by Jared DuBois from Best Soccer Show and The Corner of the Galaxy Podcast.
Play along using #fastpass
1. Last week Mark called Landon Donovan getting cut from the USMNT. Can we do it again this week? Somebody make a bold prediction.
2. Donovan’s 2 goals yesterday were his first of the year. How many does he finish with?
3. Jermain Dafoe scores ____ goals during the World Cup break.
4. Hey, remember the public outcry when Carlos Bocanegra got cut?
5. Jose Gonçalves shut down Eddie Johnson this week. How impressive is that feat?
6. DC United is finally getting a new stadium. Give me your wish list for features you would like to see in it.
7. Mike Petke or John Hackworth fired first?
8. Before the show, Jarod revealed he has never seen the movie “Spinal Tap”, give him a reason or two to see it.
9. Colorado Rapids: wow or wait?
10. Clint Dempsey has commercial endorsement deals for Modelo, Oberto Beef Jerky, and Degree Antiperspirant, which sounds like the result of a bad night of drinking. Give me a USMNT player and their endorsements.
1. Over the last 3 weeks, New England has scored 12 goals (5 in the last 2 games) and is undefeated in it’s last 5. With no Hank this week, let’s say something nice about the Revs.
2. True or False: Vancouver is responsible for New England’s current success?
3. With the 1st allocation spot, Toronto FC should _______.
4. Toronto FC and LA both have 3 games in hand; watch out or so what?
5. Find Mark a new “sh!t the bed” phrase as he has worn out the original.
6. Colorado finally has a shirt sponsor and it’s not Chipotle. 🙁
7. SweetTarts or Spree?
8. MLS is hinting they will expand into Las Vegas. Give me their team name and shirt sponsor.
9. True or False: Dafoe and Martins being left of their International squad rosters is bad new for MLS?
10. Which USMNT player gets left off the World Cup squad and comes back to make MLS pay?
1. Set pieces or run of play?
2. True or False: As Brad Davis goes, so goes the Houston Dynamo
3. Caleb Porter, Frank Yallop and Frank Kloppas walk into a bar, which one survives the World Cup break?
4. Dominic Oduro has a pizza inspired haircut. Give me another MLS player and his object in spired haircut.
5. Bradley Wright-Phillips will score ____ goals.
6. DC and New England have 11 points, Toronto FC has 9 and LA has 8. Who makes the playoffs?
7. The Atlanta Silverbacks will ______ in 2017?
8. Your thoughts on Eric Young as TNA Champion
9. The World Cup will hurt _____, and help _____
10. Chicharito will be Miami’s DP: true, false, or Chicha please?
Brian and Mark are joined by Stephen Brandt from the Yellow Carded Podcast
Play along this week using #Dsnuts
1. Portland tied Chivas this week, is it worse than a loss for Portland?
2. RBNY is winless. What French word describes their play?
3, Atlanta is in MLS, will they thrive or join the Walking Dead?
4. St. Louis, San Antonio or Minneapolis joins next?
5. Clint Dempsey has 5 goals in 2 games, after a 2 game suspension. He is in form or peaking too early?
6. The USMNT player I hate the most in MLS is _____.
7. Brek Shea back to MLS would be _____.
8. Favorite comic book movie?
9. Team themed concession items
10 MLS Commissioner Don Garber announced he is seeking treatment for prostate cancer, is this the first sign of transparency in MLS?
Brian, Hank and Chris are joined by Matt Ream from the Olympico podcast
Play along this week using #mattshair
1. FC Dallas won a canon with their 4-1 win over Houston this week. Give me better rivalry prize ideas besides trophies.
2. WrestleMania 30 is tonight, will the Undertaker’s streak go to 22-0?
3. Montreal traded Andrew Wenger to Philly for Jack McInerney, which team won that deal?
4. True or False, Real Salt Lake and Sporting Kansas City played to a 0-0 tie because of all the people out for the USMNT game this week.
5. Who is the fastest guy in MLS? Our man Tyler says Jair Benitez from FC Dallas.
6. Who is the MVP so far?
7. Omar Gonzalez’s hair is a reverse Samson, discuss.
8. Clint Dempsey had a hat trick this week vs Portland, and claims it’s “just the beginning” for him in Seattle. How many goals does he combine with Obafemi Martins to score?
9. Montreal, DC, LA, or San Jose – who finishes at the bottom of the table?
10. Finish this sentence: With all the influx of talent, the MLS vs Bayern Munich score will be ______
1. The replacement refs were better, true or false?
2. Through 4 weeks, which team has been the most impressive: Columbus, FC Dallas, Real Salt Lake or Vancouver?
3. RSL is still playing well without Jason Kreis, this is amazing or an anomaly?
4. Who makes the playoffs now, NY or Chivas?
5. I will be surprised if _____ continues playing at their current good/bad form
6. Who hits the panic button first, DC, Portland, Chicago or San Jose?
7. How munch longer does Ben Olson have?
8. The best kind of cheese is ______?
9. Marco DiVaio returned and got Montreal their first point, is he all they have?
10. Best rivalry in MLS?
Joining Brian and Mark this week are Mark Fishkin from the “SeeingRedNY” podcast and ELAC from the “What the Flock?!” podcast.
Join the discussion this week using #12toes
1. LA Aztecs or LA Gunners?
2. Clint Dempsey was suspended 2 games: good call, bad call or HOW DARE MLS?
3. MLS is out of the Champion’s League, yeah or meh?
4. If MLS had an “Easy button”, a la Staples, what’s the one thing you would change about MLS?
5. Name your intro song
6. NY now has a red team and a blue team, just like Manchester. Using that, Henry equates to ___in Manchester lore?
7. Inter MF Cambiasso is rumored to move to MLS: which teams signs him, which team needs him?
8. Seattle supporter’s “Away Robbery”, noble cause or simply whining?
9. Chivas USA wins ___ games this year, makes playoffs?
10. RBNY wins ___ games this year, makes playoffs?
1. Biggest surprise of MLS so far?
2. TFC vs SEA: statement game or not?
3. Clint Dempsey had a goal and a cup check this week; is he frustrated, petulant or enigmatic?
4. Is there a bigger whiner in MLS than Will Johnson, Chris Wondolowski or Robbie Keane?
5. Does Jozy Altidore come back to MLS?
6. Puma, Adidas or Nike?
7. Grant Wahl picked New England to win MLS Cup, is he crazy like a fox or crazy like an actual crazy person?
8. Does a MLS team win the Champion’s League this year?
9. Nicolas Anelka has been cut by West Brom, which MLS team signs him?
10. Name the MLS player that has the biggest impact in the World Cup this summer.
1. Best off-season?
2. Worst signing?
3. Judo or Karate?
4. Golden Boot winner?
5. Mike Magee was benched this week, is Armageddon upon us?
6. Who score more goals, Clint Dempsey or Eddie Johnson?
7. What’s the over/under on Mark’s “The Galaxy sh%t the bed!” tweets this season?
8. Toronto FC, playoff team?
9. First firing?
10. Of the new kits, best and worst?
Tweet us your answers to @topofthetabletv using #markstoolbar and we’ll share the results next week.