This week we poke the bear and talk US Open Cup with Mark. Evan Ream and Jake Catanese are along for the ride.
Pile on with #gorailhawks
1. With the US out of the World Cup, sell new soccer fans on MLS in 10 words or less.
2. MLS attendance with raise after the World Cup, true or false?
3. Kaka has officially joined Orlando FC, will his stay be Fantasyland, Tomorrowland or Harry Potterland?
4. David Villa signed with NYCFC and was given a t-shirt since jersey aren’t yet available. When Frank Lampard signs, what will they give him?
5. Tim Cahill played in Friday’s 2-2 draw with Toronto FC after being eliminated from the World Cup. He deserves a few kind words.
6. In the Open Cup, Carolina upset the Galaxy and Eric Wynalda’s Atlanta squad amassed 4 red cards and incited an all-out brawl. Promote Atlanta to MLS, relegate a team, and tell me who the first team is that Atlanta starts a “Slapshot” style melee with.
7. Name other cups Bruce Arena cares about more than the US Open Cup.
8. MLS returned and CHIVAS BEAT RSL! Is this cats and dogs living together or a blind squirrel finding a nut?
9. Peter Vermes remarked that SKC was ‘in the mix” for Jermaine Jones, which naturally, turned into Mix Diskerud. Crank up the rumor mill up into high gear and give me your USMNT’ers to MLS rumors.
10. A MLSsoccer.com article said it was time to push the panic button in New York. Where else should they press the panic button?